We decided to give our travel trailer a facelift. So we start by repainting the inside of our RV to the colors we love! We added some peel and stick tile in the kitchen area and added and additional workspace to make working on the road much easier. We have a lot more work to do, but this is a great start.
watch the video
Phase one of this remodel consisted of painting the cabinets, adding a backsplash to the kitchen and a few little details here and there to give us just a little bit of comfort while traveling.
I started with removing all the cabinet doors as well as all the hardware and sanded everything down with 200 grit sandpaper. Most travel trailers are made the same; particle board and contact paper over it to give it the real wood look. They do that mainly so it is nice and light and most SUV’s or minivans can tow it. It is key too sand and prime all of the contact paper really well or the paint will not stick.
Prepping the trailer took up a lot of time but it is an important step so take your time to tape off all the edges.
Everything was primed with about 3 coats of Kilz all purpose primer.
Then I did a couple of coats of the Behrs paint and primer in one.
These are the colors I used. The bleached linen is for the walls and I also used it for the desk my dad help me build for the home office as well as the removable desk we made for the RV.
The peel and stick tile was a pain to instal. Id say it mainly had to do with the rounded edges. I will tell you if that has anything to do with it after I put a hexagon shaped tile in the bathroom sink, soon I hope. I will say that I am glad that I stuck through it and installed the tile because it looks so fun! Yes it is very colorful but it is way better than what was there before.
I have to say I’m very content with the way phase 1 of this project came out! I can’t wait to start phase 2. Phase 2 will consist of the walls being painted and painting the bedroom cabinet as well as adding a shelf or two in that cabinet. We shall see what else I have time for with the holidays coming up and all the sailing we hope to do on top of the RV travels we have planned!
Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or comments!
Products seen in video
- 12 Cube Organizer https://amzn.to/35xFkZj
- 5″ Gel Mattress https://amzn.to/3ptpvux
- Full Size Sheet Set https://amzn.to/36B71zz
- Baby Yoda – The Child Animatronic https://amzn.to/38KEOcn
- Stainless Steel Bartender Tools https://amzn.to/2IBQl2U
- Command Medium Brushed Nickel Hook https://amzn.to/3puqZEX
- Command Large Brushed Nickel Hook https://amzn.to/35xTzNN
- Command Hand Towel Bar https://amzn.to/3f3qzAz
- Command Under Sink Cabinet Caddy https://amzn.to/32Mfi2E
- Wall Hanging Storage Bag https://amzn.to/3ltT4tw
- Peel and Stick Decorative Tile – Arabesque Design https://amzn.to/3kBFKC2
- Hexagon Faux Marble Peel & Stick Tiles https://amzn.to/2H6Cr8o
- Multi-Purpose 4 Section Plastic Drawer Organizer https://amzn.to/2IBLz5p
- Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Suction Organizer Basket https://amzn.to/36AnZhH
- 3-Section Steel Plate Rack https://amzn.to/36AHRRG
- VELCRO Hook and Loop https://amzn.to/2Uw8mCm
- 19 Inch 12V DC RV LED TV https://amzn.to/3lySHOr
watch the video
Subscribe to The Adventures of Apple and Rob on YouTube and keep in touch by connecting with us on social media so you get notified right away the next time we post our next adventure.
Like, follow, subscribe, share and comment on our posts and videos. Small things like that really help us a lot!
Subscribe to our mailing list. We are making progress and have started a proper mailing list! Subscribe to keep receiving posts like this as well as lots of other goodies.
IF YOU FEEL INCLINED TO, THERE ARE A FEW WAYS TO HELP SUPPORT US AND KEEP OUR VIDEOS GOING. Even if that means just clicking on an amazon affiliate link before you do your normal shopping.